Tuesday 24 December 2013

WHAT'S IN MY MAKEUP BAG - WINTER ESSENTIALS.


I have been feeling a little bit under the weather so haven't been able to blog lately. But I am feeling a million times better and I'm back. As well as being obsessed with clothes and fashion, I am obsessed with makeup. My makeup bag constantly changes but I am going to show you the products that are essential for me this winter.


I acactually bought a new makeup bag yesterday as my old one had a huuge rip in the side of it. Little did I know that my mam has bought me one for christmas. Oh well, a girl can't have enough bags, including makeup bags. Before I even apply my makeup I apply Garnier Moisture Match Illuminating Light Lotion for normal skin. Its gives the skin a natural, radiant glow. I usually just dot this across my t-zone, below my eyes and chin, then smooth down across my cheeks and temples. It smells so nice and feels so light on the skin. I use No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream for normal/dry skin before I apply my foundation. This acts as a primer for my makeup without blocking my pores and allowing my skin still to breathe. it also acts as a perfect base for my foundation. only really use BB cream in the winter as I'm not as tanned. The BB cream has a slight tint to it so I don't look like a ghost. My number one go-to foundation is Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat foundation in B50, which is a soft beige colour. This foundation is perfect for me. A little really does go along way. It gives complete full coverage and lasts all day. I dont always contour but when I do theother foundation that I use is MAC Prolongwear. For highlighting I use either Yves Saint
 Laurent Touche Eclat Radiance highlighting pen or L'oreal Paris Lumi Magique Stylo Dee Lumiere highlighting pen, both in the medium shade. This is a makeup must have for everyone. It hides everything, including puffy eyes if you stayed up a little bit later than usual. I'm a massive expert in staying up later than I should. 


During the day, I don't really wear much eye makeup. My eye makeup usually is natural looking. I tend to use the Urban Decay Naked palettes. (I borrowed them to my friend so wasn't able to blog them). The palette I use for my brows is the HD Brow kit in Foxy. I recently got HD brows done and I love them. Totally obsessed. I just use Barry M Kohl pencil in shade 1. My favourite mascara is Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effect Faux Cils Shocking mascara in black. Its the best mascara I have ever used. It gives your lashes so much volume and makes your eyelashes look thicker and fuller. Obsessed. 


I will be tanning over the christmas season so I won't be looking as pale, but I will be applyibg a little blusher to add colour to my cheeks, otherwise I'd be white as a sheet. My go-to blusher at the moment is Yves Saint Laurent (yet again), Blush Radiance in shade 9, which is a really, nice pale coral colour. There is nothing worse than having a shiny face in photos and this time of year, endless photos will be taken. Therefore, powdering is essential. Just across my t-zone, nose and chin. The powder that I use is MAC Select Sheer Pressed powder in NW20. I swear by my highlighting pen and always apply a little bit above my cheek bones, to give me that slight glow.

My lipstick changes with whatever outfit I wear that day. This time of year I tend to go for burgundys, reds, plums and browns. 

So there it is, my winter essentials. There is a slight chance that I might not post tomorrow as its christmas day. But I hope you all have a lush day and get spoilt rotten. Merry christmas everyone.

Zoe ox.


No comments:

Post a Comment